KEYS UNLOCK UNTAPPED MICROBIAL NATURAL PRODUCTS
The potential for discovering new pharmaceutical drugs from natural products of microbial origin (such as fungi, bacteria and algae) is still largely unexploited, mainly because the keys to unlock the production of most microbial natural products are not yet understood.
Around 99% of all bacterial species are as yet unculturable, and microbial genomic studies of fungi and culturable bacteria suggest there are overwhelming number of “silent” (cryptic) natural products still unknown to science.
DISRUPTION FROM THE PAST
At ENDOBIOS, we specialize in validating novel approaches, as yet unknown in the field of microbial natural products, a departure from traditional approaches.
We focus our efforts on earlier stage discovery, by understanding how to custom-challenge microorganisms. Our intellectual property is unique.
WHAT WE DO:
Besides the two drug candidates in the pipeline, ENDOBIOS has disruptive methods for activating disease-targeted silent natural products from microbial cultures by applying custom induction keys, based on discoveries of microbial behaviour and response mechanisms, focused on CNS disorders and antiinfectives.
- We use single-culture medium
- We focus on induced compounds
- We also target the 99% of bacteria which are currently unculturable
- We work with any organism culturable in the lab (whether fungi, bacteria or microalgae)
- We focus on cost-effective design
- We focus on microbial symbioses to elicit bioactive natural compounds
Contact us for further information.